Wednesday 19 August 2020

The Mouse Deer and The Stupid Buffalo

One morning, Si Kancil felt his stomach was hungry. At that time he really wanted to eat the delicious cucumbers in Pak Tani's field. But he was afraid of being caught by Pak Farmer. If he gets caught again, Pak Tani will definitely punish him by making it a satay. However, because he was already feeling hungry, Si Kancil finally went to Pak Tani's cucumber field. He was sneaking around waiting for an opportunity to steal a cucumber, but he didn't dare because Pak Tani always looked after his fields. Finally Si Kancil gave up, he left Pak Tani's field.
The Mouse Deer and The Stupid Buffalo


Mouse Deer Meets Cow


When leaving Pak Tani's garden, Si Kancil met a cow eating grass. “Hi cow! You're having a cow lunch! " said the hare to the cow.

"Yes, Cil. Come eat grass with me. " replied the cow.

"Ah, you nonsense a cow. I don't eat grass. I want to eat cucumber, do you want cucumber, not O Cow? " said the mouse deer again.

"Oh, I want to. Where are the cucumbers Cil? ” said the cow.

“That's a lot of cucumbers in Pak Tani's field. Let's take Pak Tani's cucumber. " invite Mouse Deer.

"Ah no. Pak Tani's cucumber I don't want. Pak Tani has been working hard to plant it. If caught stealing, Pak Farmer could get angry. " The cow refused Kancil's invitation.

Mouse Deer Meets Goats

The hare then left the cow to eat grass. Not long after that, Mouse Deer met a goat eating leaves. "You're so eager to eat leaves, Hey Goat!" cried Mouse Deer to the goat.

"Oh it's you Mouse Deer. Come eat the leaves with me. " invite the goat.

“I don't eat goat leaves, but cucumbers. You want to eat delicious cucumber, Hey Goat? Let's get Mr. Farmer's cucumbers in the fields. If you only take a little, it's okay. " said Mouse Deer.

"Ah, I don't want to take the cucumber, Pak Tani, Kancil. Pak Tani grows the cucumbers to sell at the market. The money from the sale is used by Pak Farmer to support Cil's family. " replied the goat.

"Yes, I just went alone." said the hare while leaving the goat.

Mouse Deer Meets Buffalo


The hare then walked to find another friend to invite to steal Pak Tani's cucumber. He is very worried that if he steals alone, Pak Tani will catch him again. He did not want to be beheaded by Pak Farmer.

Hare arrived in a mud puddle. He saw a buffalo bathing in a mud puddle. On hot afternoons, buffalo are happy to wallow in mud puddles. “Hi buffalo! What are you doing in a mud puddle? Your body is getting dirty, Ox? " asked Mouse Deer.

“I was bathing in the mouse deer mud. It was very hot during the day so I took a shower in a puddle. It's okay if my body is dirty, the important thing is not overheating. Let Mouse Deer take a bath in a puddle. " said the Buffalo.

"Ah, I don't want to. My body will get dirty. By the way, have you eaten today, haven't you, Buffalo? If not, let's take Pak Tani's cucumbers from the fields. Pak Tani's cucumbers are very delicious. " invite the hare.

"I'm afraid to take Pak Tani's cucumber, Cil!" said the buffalo.

"Yes I know. But we only take a few pieces of Buffalo! If you are afraid, let me pick the cucumbers. You just walk to Pak Farmer's field with me. How do you want? " Kancil persuades the buffalo.

"OK. But remember, you who pick cucumbers are Cil. I just walked with you to Pak Farmer's field. " said the Buffalo.

The hare and the stupid buffalo then walked hand in hand towards Pak Farmer's field. At that time Pak Tani was cleaning his field. The mouse deer cleverly walked behind the large body of the buffalo so that Pak Tani could not be seen. Meanwhile, Pak Tani did not have the slightest suspicion that he saw a buffalo crossing his field, because buffalo had never stolen his cucumbers. When Pak Tani was off guard, Si Kancil deftly took Pak Tani's cucumbers. Kancil & Kerbau stupid then immediately went to a quiet place to enjoy the fresh cucumbers.

"You are very clever Kancil. Pak Farmer did not have the slightest suspicion to see me walking on his farm. " said the buffalo while eating a cucumber.

The next day Si Kancil & Kerbau repeated their actions of stealing Pak Tani's cucumbers. Unlike yesterday, this time Pak Farmer was suspicious of seeing buffalo passing by on his farm. Pak Tani then checked his cucumbers which were about to be harvested. How shocked Pak Tani was when he learned that his large cucumbers were missing. "God damn it! Why are my big cucumbers missing so much? Maybe it was stolen by the buffalo. Beware you buffalo! " murmured Mr. Farmer very angry.

The next day Pak Tani returned to guard the fields. He has prepared a mine & a whip to catch the cucumber thief. A few moments later, Pak Farmer saw buffalo walking back and forth in his field. Pak Tani approached the buffalo slowly.

The buffalo found out that he was approached by Pak Farmer and felt panicked. "Mouse Deer! Pak

Tani is approaching us. How Mouse Deer?" said the buffalo anxiously.

"Don't worry, you buffalo. You first hold your cucumber. I will hide my share of cucumber there. " said the hare while running fast leaving the buffalo alone.

After being near the buffalo, Pak Tani then threw the rope at the buffalo head and then immediately tied it up. "Oh you turned out to be my cucumber thief, O Buffalo?" shouted Mr. Farmer.

"Mom ... mom ... I'm not the thief ..., but the hare." said the Buffalo in fear.

"What's the proof? You have my cucumber? The hare did not dare to steal from my field, O Buffalo! The last few days I've seen you back and forth on my lawn. As punishment for your actions, from now on you have to plow my fields. " shouted the Farmer Angry.

"Okay, okay Pak Tani. I want to plow your fields. " said the Buffalo.

Pak Tani holds the water buffalo head tightly to keep him from running. Since then the buffalo has been working to plow Pak Tani's fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment