Tuesday 18 August 2020

The Mouse Deer and The Snail

On a sunny day, The Mouse Deer was walking in the forest. Then he walked up the hill because he wanted to see the whole forest from above. Arriving at the top of the hill, puffing out his chest, he shouted "O inhabitants of the forest, I am the hare, the smartest animal. No other animal in the forest can match my cunning. "
The Mouse Deer and The Snail

A number of animals in the forest such as monkeys, beetles, birds & other animals, feel annoyed by the screams of the hare, but they do not care.

After being satisfied screaming on the hill, Si Kancil then walked down the hill until finally he arrived at a river. While walking down the river, he saw a snail.

"Hi Mouse Deer, where are you going?" asked the snail to the mouse deer.

"Hi snail too, I just wanted to take a walk." said the mouse deer indifferently.

"It looks like you are having fun Kancil, I heard you screaming on the hill." asked the snail again.

"Yes, I just wanted to tell all the forest dwellers that I am the smartest animal here." answered the mouse deer.

"Hmm, you are wrong little, I am the smartest animal in this forest." replied the snail.

"What? Seriously you are a snail. Your body is so small, how can you be smarter than me a snail. " Mouse Deer replied emotionally.

“You underestimate me deer, just because my body is small. What if I dare you to run a race with me. Trust me, you will not win the race against me. " challenge the slugs.

"Ha ha ha ... snails, slugs. Your body is small so you want to challenge me to a run. Okay then you wish. How about tomorrow morning we have a running race? " said Mouse Deer.

"Alright Mouse Deer. Tomorrow morning I will wait here for the race. I will beat you Mouse Deer. " said the snail again.

The Mouse Deer And Snails Running Competition

After the hare left, the snails immediately gathered their friends. He asked his friends for help to beat the arrogant hare in the race tomorrow. The snail asks his friends to wait along the track. He also advised his friends to answer Si Kancil's calls when he called him.

The next day, it was very sunny. The hare immediately got up from his sleep, then walked to the snail's place to do a running race. He is sure to beat the little snails easily. Meanwhile, friends of the snails are ready to wait along the track.

"Hey snail, are you ready to race with me?" asked the mouse deer to the snail when he arrived at the race site.

"Of course mouse deer. I'm ready to race with you. Let's just get started with this race. " replied the snail.

The two of them then took a position to do a running race. After the count of three, the race started. Both of them tried to run fast according to their respective abilities. The hare, of course, ran very fast, leaving the snails behind. The hare ran, laughing with amusement. He thought, how could the little snail win the race with him.

After running for a long time, Si Kancil stopped for a moment. He looked back and said, "Hey snail! Where are you? Just a few minutes of running you are far behind me. " said The Mouse Deer arrogantly. He thought the snail had lost.

“Hi Mouse Deer! I'm here in front of you. Why did you stop the mouse deer? Are you tired of running? " replied the snail friend who had been waiting there.

The hare was shocked. How could the snail be in front of him. He does not know that the snail in front of him is actually a friend of the snail. He then returned to running fast to beat the snails. He was sure this time the snails would not be able to catch up with him. After making sure he was far from the place earlier, he stopped for a moment again & said, "Hey little snail! Where are you now? Surely You are still far behind me. "

"I'm in front of you deer. What's the deer you keep calling me? Are you tired already. Just say when you want to give up. " said the snail friend who got the task of waiting near that location.

"What is giving up? You snail carelessly. I won't give up. I stopped just to make sure that you are still able to match my speed. " replied the hare. He then immediately ran as fast as he could so that the snails could not catch up. The hare was very surprised, how the snails are always in front of him. Though snails are slow animals.

This keeps repeating itself. Every time the mouse deer asked the position of the snail, the snail must have been in front of him. And the hare will run faster than before. Until just before the finish line, Si Kancil already felt that extired of always trying to run faster. But he was happy because the finish line was in sight. The hare is very sure that he will win the running match.

The mouse deer lost the running competition

Only a few steps from the finish line, suddenly a snail sound called him. “Hi Mouse Deer! Why did you take so long to arrive? I've been here. I told you, right? That I will win the race with you? ” said the snail.

Hearing the sound of the snail, the mouse deer felt like he was struck by lightning. He really didn't believe he could be defeated by a snail. He then sat down feeling very tired. "I can't believe you can win a race with me slug." said the mouse deer softly.

"That's why you should not be an arrogant hare animal. You are a smart animal, but I am smarter & smarter than you. " said the snail.

"You're a snail. I've been too arrogant because I feel I can outsmart wild beasts like tigers and crocodiles. It turns out that you are smarter than me. Thank you snail for teaching me a lesson. " said the mouse deer.

The mouse deer is a forest animal known for its cleverness. He is able to deceive wild animals like tigers & crocodiles. This made him arrogant. He felt that no other animal in the forest could match his cunning. This is the tale of the mouse deer and the snail which tells of a snail race.

More on Mouse Deer Stories:

No comments:

Post a Comment